Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meatloaf

I have made many meatloaves using different recipes and what can I say, at the end of the day, it's another meatloaf. So this time I thought I'd add an extra guest in addition to the usual suspects. Marsala wine. I started with a combination of ground pork and beef about a pound of each. I incorporated the two meats and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper along with the chopped onions. I also used a combination of Italian style bread crumbs and Panko flakes. I don't like to cube bread from sandwich loaves, which I used before, because they tend to get mushy and they don't really add any real flavor. I chopped about a tablespoon of dried rosemary and a pinch of chopped parsley. I then added the wet ingredients after beating the eggs with a wisk and half and half. After forming the loaf, to top it off, I spooned some tomatoe sauce, sprinkled shredded Asiago and slices of Canadian bacon.


I made a brown gravy from the drippings and added onions, Shitake mushrooms and a little Marsala wine to top it off. Served with mashed golden yukons, with garlic and parsely. I did a quick pan roast of zucchini, yellow squash, onions and diced tomoatoes.

As it turned out, the loaf was juicy and quite tasty. Not bad for a easy to make dish.


1 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs

2 Garic cloves chopped
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup Half and Half
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/2 cup onions finely chopped
3 slices canadian bacon
3 tablespoons shredded Asiago
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch of coarse black pepper

________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment