Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chicken Marsala with Shiitake Mushrooms

Last night, I was undecided as to what I wanted to eat until about 6:00pm, then I had a deep craving for chicken or veal Marsala. I didn't have any chicken thawed, and no veal at all, so I had to make a run to market to see what I could get. The big supermarket did not have good prices on chicken or veal, so I went to a smaller store down the road, and found a huge boneless breast on sale. I also grabbed a bit of Pancetta because I wanted use the fat rendered from that meat to help cook the chicken and mushrooms. I also got a little bit of Shitake musrhooms instead of Crimini because I love Shitakes. I had bottle of Marsala wine I got the other night when I made Osso Buco. As it turned out, served over a bed of linguini, I was very pleased and thoroughly enjoyed how tender and rich the chicken came out. Bon Appetite!

_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment